It’s Earth Month y’all!
If you, like me, grew up recycling; you may need to challenge yourself every April with new to you, ways to help keep the earth & the oceans healthy.
Here are a few easy tasks we can do to live more sustainably year-round.
- Recycle? Of course, you do!!!
- Decline straws at restaurants?
- Decline plastic utensils with takeout?
- Use hazardous waste disposal sites for ‘Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) which is any product labeled toxic, poisonous, combustible, corrosive, an irritant, or flammable.’
To learn more visit DPW.
What more can you do?
What about food waste? I’m embarrassed to say, my husband & I have been putting our food waste in used vegetable bags instead of a compost pail! Not any longer!
I found this cutie on Amazon.
A compost pail that attaches to my under-sink cabinet door & masks smells: Genius
Another tip for everyone who hates spending their time shredding paper documents:
- Google free shredding events near me in 2023
- Put one near you, on your calendar!
- If you’re near Hermosa Beach, CA; the Hoffman Murphy real estate team has a free shred day once a year…
contact them for next year’s date.
If we all challenge ourselves to lessen or stop our use of ‘one-use plastics products’, we will make a huge impact on the planet.
Yes, it must be spring because the parrots are back in Redondo Beach, CA.
Remember, New Leaf Organizing offers on-site and virtual organizing sessions.
Contact us today to schedule your consultation.